Monday, June 30, 2014

Me Time Monday Madness!

Take a deep breath, friends.  It is June 30th. (Are you as shocked as I am?!)  I know that some of you are freshly out of school, but some of us, like myself, have been out of school for a month.  I am starting to sense the sand slipping through the hourglass in a big way.  Nevertheless, I am really thoroughly enjoying my summer.  I had big intentions for TpT, but so far, it's been on the back-burner.  I'm hoping to channel my creativity this week while I have a little downtime before Vegas.  However, I have lots of things planned in between too.  For example, tomorrow, I am taking a little road trip to see a few of my closest blogging friends.  I am so excited to chat and visit!  On Thursday, my in-laws are coming up from Maryland for the weekend.  We plan on going to an Indians game, hanging out, grilling out, and going to dinner.  I'm sure the weekend will be jam-packed.  Then, on Monday, I leave for Vegas for the week!  I cannot even begin to articulate how excited I am to spend almost a week with my close gal pals and make even more blogging friends in the process.  Although I will presenting at two conferences while there, I am also looking forward to "Me Time" or "Us Time" while there.  In the meantime, I really need to go shopping for a few things.  I worked my tail off all summer so I wouldn't feel guilty shopping for clothes this summer.  My wardrobe needs an update.  :)  So, I am probably going to go check out some sales today before settling down to pound out a few grad school assignments.   That's the plan for the next two weeks.

Besides teaching classes, taking classes, and presenting, as I mentioned, I have been trying to carve out time for Me Time without wallowing in self-pity about all of the things I "should" or "could" be doing (like TpT products).  In my mind, summer is a time for regeneration.  I just need some time to do nothing without feeling bad about it.  Unfortunately, I rarely do nothing.  I am usually doing something or a few somethings.  I just try to pick something that I usually don't have time for... and I sleep in... which is in a way... doing nothing.  This satisfies both ends for me.   So, how have I been spending my Me Time?



I have been making lots of healthy meals. Summertime foods are my favorite.  I am so obsessed with tomatoes and avocados.  I like to eat mine with cottage cheese or fresh mozzarella.  Yummo!






 I had the chance to celebrate my friend Jenny's 30th birthday with work friends.  It was fun...  :)



 I have also gotten to spend lots of time with my pups.  They are just too sweet for words, even when they steal my beach towel. (This lady needs a little bit of sunshine before heading to Vegas, but I am getting a really late start.)  


Lots of quality time has transpired with the mister too.  I just LOVE having more time to spend with him during the summer.  We just went to a co-worker's wedding over the weekend, and snapped a photo to commemorate it.  :)   He's a keeper!


 I've spent some time reading too... which always makes me happy.  This is a great quick read!


I have spent a lot of time really studying the Word too. One way I have been doing this is through one of Joyce Meyer's devotionals.   (It's available for free as part of the YouVersion Bible app.)  I just read through it each day and reflect on how each message applies to my life.  This particular message jumped out to me on the morning of my New Orleans presentation.  I had just said a little prayer because I was feeling anxious, and I knew I needed to let go and trust God.  Then, I pulled up my devotional and saw this message.  Of course, this is just an excerpt, but it was just what I needed to read at that moment.



 Lastly, as I have mentioned before, I love thrifting.  I found this cute little bird planter and the little wooden toolbox, and I was smitten. :)  Decorating is so much fun for me... especially with finds like this.  Life is too short to be 100% serious all of the time, right?


So, what have you been up to?  How have you been carving out a little Me Time? Link up below and share your summer with us!  (Don't forget to snag the button as well!)








2 comments:

  1. I love this link up and will have to add it to my list of things to work on!! :) I love your devotional, and I will have to find it for my phone! I love the idea of sleeping in too! With my babies it is pretty impossible! On a good day my husband lets me sleep in until 7 or sometimes even 8!! I hope that you have a safe flight to Vegas and I hope to see you there!!

    Mrs. 3rd Grade 

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture of you and your hubby is too cute! I love reading about everyone's summer activities. Sadly, I don't really get a summer this year. I'm teaching English in Korea, and we are still in school. Ugh. I only get 8 days off in August. I love thrifting too! I need to spend more time in the Word. I really like that app.
    Angela
    Southern Fried Teachin’

    ReplyDelete